Monday, April 26, 2010

Big-ass sail

I am totally stoked! I have been saving up for a little while now, and finally, I got my big ass sail! A whopping 11m! I know it may not be the biggest that some of you guys are using out there, but for me, (for now) I think that's the biggest I can handle at the moment!

After spending an arm and a leg, Here's what I have now.

1) F2 T-rex 180 Formula w/ 70cm fin
2) iSonic 150 Slalom w/56 & 62 cm fin
3) North Sails Prisma 8.5m twin cam
4) Severne Overdrive 11m triple cam

I massively need to pick up speed, and get whatever I can outta the crappy wind, and thus the big sails. A lot of thought went into the sail size selection, but i found the advice from James Douglass really useful! Especially the part about weight versus sail size for wind conditions.

I had quite a crap time trying to rig that 11m sail, cos i have simply never rigged such a big one before, and though it looked promising while I was rigging, the wind died totally once I was done. Didnt stop me from going out on my formula though, was pumping in circles for half an hour before the novelty of the new sail in no wind wore off.

Another thing that's happening, exams are no longer round the corner, but rather, at my doorstep threatening to take a nip off my balls! Right, need to close this tab off the browser, and get on with something more productive.

Goodbye, Goodbye, Hello!