Saturday, May 1, 2010

O - Overdriving me!

Well, Fluid Dynamics is finally over! I am really just hoping that I passed, cos I really need to get out of school as soon as I can! I dont like it, it doesnt like me any more, and we're bickering most of the time!

Anyhow, after not sleeping for a long time, I decided to head down to the beach and fiddle with my new sail! Never did use such a big sail ever, and once I got to the beach(though it was easily 15 knots) I decided that given the time of the year, the wind would die, and I'd be bored with my 8.5sqm north sail and I'd have to come back... BUT, mostly just because I wanted to fiddle with my new sail. So in all my intellect, I went out on the 11, and gosh, the boom was unnaturally high(even at it's lowest setting), the harness lines were too far forward (from my 8.5), and that sail in 15 knot winds packs not a punch, but more like a hard goal scoring kick in the butt!!! (especially when harness lines are still at the wrong place and killing my back hand)

So, after slowly shifting my harness lines, it was awesome! I love the feeling of planing through lulls in the wind! Actually, doesnt even feel like there were lulls with that sail, though there were times I knew I would most definitely have dropped outta a plane on my 8.5, this thing just kept going!

Haha, guess it's plain to see, where my interests lie, and considering it's 2 lines about schoolwork, no surprise!

AND, here it is!