Monday, May 24, 2010

My experience with the iSonic 150

It looked rather promising today, and I decided to take my iSonic out for a spin! HOWEVER, though I was using my 11m sail, the wind had to be a bitch! I was planing for probably close to a whole minute out there, and it was a right pain in the ass trying to keep the nose of the iSonic150 out of the water in marginal conditions! For some reason, going outshore was fine, I was on my merry little way, but coming back, I actually nosedived twice into the water! The nose sank into the back of a wave, and just kept going deeper! I was already watching out for the nose sinking and diving, and still, it was nosediving!

Well, I am hoping for slightly better winds tomorrow, and then, from the recommended settings, I am going to drag the mast base as far back as it'll go, and see how that goes! OR, if the wind is going to be kind so that I dont need to slog my way around, and actually let me get onto a plane, the recommended setting would stay.

I have to say though, (though still baseless with my limited amount of planing time on that board) that the iSonic feels slippery over the surface of the water! It seemed hell a lot faster than my formula!