Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Singaporean oil spill

There was an accident yesterday, off the coast of Singapore - involving a tanker and a bulk carrier. I guess that's in line with international trends... Totally copied from the Gulf of Mexico's sinking of the DEEPWATER HORIZON

Anyhow, according to Bloomberg -

"May 26 (Bloomberg) -- Singapore is stepping up efforts to contain an oil slick that reached its shores a day after a tanker, owned by a unit of MISC Bhd., collided with a bulk carrier near the world’s busiest container port.

“Patches” of oil have affected part of the coastline between Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal and Changi Naval Base and between a sailing club and a golf resort, the Maritime and Port Authority said today. The MT Bunga Kelana 3, owned by AET Tanker Holdings Sdn., collided with the bulk carrier MV Waily 13 kilometers (8 miles) southeast of Changi East yesterday."

Stepping up efforts. I didnt see much effort by the local authorities, Whatever they were doing must have been really far out at sea! Well, who am I to say. Whatever it is, I know there's some things keeping me from windsurfing, and I know that for the forseeable future, I am not taking my iSonic out... Back to my old board, till the water clears up a little.