Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Why I'd love to work with a company like facebook

Over the past 3 years, it comes as no big surprise that I took the sane route and got myself stuck in a university, and had to endure a dreadful mirage of crap that it dished out to me. Of late though, after exams and all, with a little bit more time in my hands to finally decompress a tad, I've been thinking. I had a dream, we all did. How many people out there would positively say in my face that when they were young, they wanted to be stuck in a cubicle waiting for the end of work everyday? That cant be true eh?

Of course, we wanted to be firemen and policemen and the sort, but as we "mature"/"regress" I suppose something went wrong! Not that that's a bad thing of course, I doubt there are that many fires or kitties stuck in trees to warrant an insanely large fire-fighting force, and honestly, I dont like the fuzz. Never did.

So, back to why I wanna work with a company like facebook. I had a dream, a long time ago, to work with a company, marketing of course ( What else can I do), but not in a firm like the ones I used to work in, but rather, a firm that would really challenge me, doing real marketing, and not pseudo marketing that is merged with mundane nonsense like technical sales! I do think that doing something for a company that has growth and which would allow me to interact with people and the things I like doing would be awesome! Planning cool marketing events and socializing and the sort, would be a real dream!

Oh well, now the only thing left to do is to see if any company would trust a guy without a marketing degree to know what appeals to the commoner. Well, not any company, only ones like facebook.