Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Refuse to be ruled by convention.

Well, today has been rather sleepy, and there are so many things that can be on my mind, but unfortunately, I feel rather dazed out. The only real concern is when I go back to school in a few months time to finish off what has not been finished... It has to be done... I feel like a total failure in this. Not gonna talk about it, just gonna do it.

Well, routine aside, I do have some thoughts that surfaced / re-surfaced. I totally understand as to why I shouldn't ever blunder into a decision. Rather, make it a point to, without exception, ensure that it is both logically and emotionally sound. True, I have messed up before, but no. Not going to let it happen. As much as I can help it.

Another one is that, many things are simply beyond our control. I try and hold and retain power, control through many situations and circumstances. However, there will be things that elude you, that refuse your grasp. And these are the things that sometimes, i have to learn to let go of, and simply trust. Because, Reductio ad Absurdum.

I think I should never try convincing people. (unless absolutely necessary) Rather, leave them to make their choices. I can influence one decision, or a few, but that will never change the essence of who they are. More often than not, they are aware of the influence on their decision. Games are only meant for the boardroom.

Repetition, though annoying, is only because through life, you only ever see the bigger picture when you take a step back. Perhaps sometimes it is the bigger picture, sometimes, it's the smaller. Removal of weeds. Whatever clouds your mind. Whatever made you forget what you knew before. Duh... I know, but it's the simplest lessons that I re-learn over and over again. In the multitude of contexts they present themselves in.

I pray that I and those dear to me, will stand by decisions. That we have the strength and clarity of mind to remember the reason behind the initial decision. For wisdom. To hope and to trust.