Friday, February 20, 2009

Us

Today, something rather interesting happened to me, I was being a total ass, and fiddling with what I thought might be true, and viola, well, at least in this case, I am sure it proved my point. I was talking to someone, and because he had no prior experience in doing something that I was hoping that he would take charge of, I said to him that because of (some irrelevant nonsense), he was the natural and best choice for that said task. After a tad of convincing, he actually agreed! Totally unlike his character, but he did. My point is, you are who you think you are, or rather, quoting; "I think, therefore I am".

How far does that go? I truly wonder. If every day, we tell ourselves that we are lacking in some way or other, will that translate to us actually behaving and thinking that it is true? Honestly, I sincerely believe so. I was selling office files a pretty long time ago, and it was my job to convince people that my files were the best! Through that, I learned that it is actually easier to convince yourself, far easier than it is to convince others. Simply because, and this is from a conversation with my dear friend, that words are rather poor carriers of thought and emotion, and as such, we relay to ourselves what we are trying to justify to others with words even better than the other party is getting the message. I still do think that that brand of files that i used to market are the best, by far!

So, my dear friend, friends, do not tell yourself what you are, are not, focus on the goal, and what you truly want, and brave the path. I am still in the process of self discovery, perhaps I am wrong, but whatever it is, it feels right and this feels right!