Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Awww snap...

Well, I got up all bright and early for work today, but still got in a grand total of 2 mins late, cos I was mucking around at home facebook-ing and all shiat... I was just about to start bitching about the fact that some companies actually have a lateness deduction of salary, when every minute late is accounted for, deducting a few dollars every month. I think that there may be a need to do that for the people who actually get paid by the hour, but definitely not for the people who dont get paid overtime!

When this is done for the people who are not getting paid for the amount that they are working, is there any sense in staying late after work? I dont get it. Motivation should be the name of the game. Rapport, and the sense of responsibility should be inculcated. The need for silly procedures of deducting that few dollars from your paycheck should be re-thought. Massively. Especially when even if people are 5 mins late in the morning, I can see that they stay well past 2 hours after the official knock-of time! Oh well, not in my jurisdiction to air my two cents worth.

On another note, I am thinking that there are really some aspects of my lifestyle that has to change. But then again, I am really wondering what to do. Not much seems to want to budge, and not much seems like a good idea. I am really wondering. What happens when the moolah says no? how much is it a good idea to think long term economics, and how much good is it to think... well, everything else? I am rather lost here. perhaps it's good to have a spreadsheet, and re-calculate what i should or should not be doing.

Ta-daa... Re-confusion.